Time to spare? We review the best new hotels in the hottest destinations…
The Ritz-Carlton Maldives is the latest addition to the Maldives’ uber luxury sector, and has been worth the wait, located on the Fari Islands and bringing the best spirit of North Male Atoll to life.
This is the Ritz-Carlton’s first entry into the crowded Maldivian market and is one of the most striking private island resort designs in recent memory; there’s nothing traditional or understated about the circular villas devised by the renowned Kerry Hill Architects, responsible for many of Aman’s greatest resorts.
A distinguished ‘Aris Meeha’ or butler refined by the Ritz-Carlton service tailors a journey of meaningful moments, immersing travelers into Maldivian stories as Sangu shells are blown, and Boduberu drums are crafted. Guests will elegantly transition from a day full of discoveries in North Malé Atoll into an evening of indulgence in the exquisite overwater villas and the resort surroundings.
Modern waterfront villas include private pools; simple ingredients are transformed by skilled chefs and mixologists; healing is guided by directional energy and nature is explored with respect and wonder. The resort’s three islands and overwater quay serve as a base for discovering all the archipelago has to offer.
Key features include:
- Seven restaurants and bars showcasing global cuisines and views of the Maldives
- Waterfront and overwater villas with private infinity pools and butler service
- Overwater hotel spa offering treatments inspired by directional energy
- Indoor-outdoor Ritz Kids Club with hotel activities, playgrounds and a pool
- Beach, garden and villa celebration venues at the hotel
- Access to Maldives’ Fari Marina with luxury shopping, dining and entertainment